Friday, September 5, 2014

Podcasts.

I love podcasts. I've been listening to the Welcome to Night Vale podcast for a little over a year, and let me tell you, it is just fabulous. It is a wonderfully written podcast with a heavy dose of weird. But over the span of that year, Welcome to Night Vale was the only podcast I would listen to. When the two week gap between episodes became too much for me, I began exploring the wonderful world of podcasting. First, I started with How to Do Everything, hosted by NPR's Mike Danforth and Ian Chillag. I even managed to ask a them a question. That question was "how does one 'moo' in a British accent". And you know what they did? They contacted Patrick Stewart and asked him to demonstrate the different dialects of British cows. It was amazing. 

But what's making me happy this week, is the podcast Pop Culture Happy Hour. This podcast takes explores pop culture in a way that I had rarely heard before, and that is thoughtfully, and in a manner you might hear in an English class. It is absolutely amazing. While it offers an in-depth breakdown of the things that I love, it also gives me new things to go and watch, listen to, and read. But most importantly, it is giving me the tools to be able to take content and break on my own, while having a fun time doing it. 

Another podcast that is tickling my fancy this week, is Ask Me Another. It is a very witty and clever word puzzle show. They play silly games involving obscured word tricks, singing very frequently, (have I mentioned that Jonathan Coulton frequents the show?) and so many terrible puns. So go check it out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment